So about a month ago, I was at the bank talking to the Branch Manager while purchasing some land and he mentioned that they had a position that was available. I had a great idea! If they were willing to work with Tana's schedule part-time, in the mornings, it could work out perfect! The branch is only miles from the house in Lockwood and it would just be part time. That was about a month ago. I'm currently kicking myself for the great idea I had. Over the last couple weeks, I've become the "mother" in taking care of the children while Tana is working in the mornings with those duties like breakfast, lunch, changing diapers, councilor, mediator , drill Sargent, doctor, story teller, housemaid and Husband all in while working with Mom and Dad's company and while trying to launch a website called www.huntleyproject.net next week. Well, Tana's part-time job has turned into a full time job since she worked 36 hours last week. The reason for this posting is to show appreciation for what Tana does do around the house and what she has done the last 6 years being married.
One example: I get home at about 1:30-2am and Tana takes off for work at 7am. The boys love to get up and wake me up at about 7am and let me know that it's time for breakfast. so with one eye open, I figure out how to make pancakes and eggs for breakfast. (note it's been awhile since I had to cook every morning) After breakfast, the house was a mess. (note that I told Tana that I could keep the house clean etc with her doing this) so house cleaning is in order. Well, I didn't grasp the idea that the syrup that was left on the table could end up on the floor. so the plates were the first order of business to take to the dishwasher. when I turned around Anderson was pouring the syrup in his lap while on the table. Well, by the time I got him taken care of and cleaned up, the syrup made it's way to the floor and Gage was washing his hair with the syrup that was falling off the table onto the floor. So now baths were in order for both of them. To make a long story shorter. I cleaned the table at least 4 times before 3pm with lunch, snacks and breakfast. I cleaned the house as much as I could but it still wasn't done like I wanted it to be when Tana came home. Well, Landen had just come into the house with his muddy shoes since it rained and Anderson had a PB&J sandwich once he woke up all over the table and here comes Tana into the house and she asked, "What have you done today?". It was at that moment that the tables had officially turned and I knew how Tana had felt the last years when I come home and repeat the same phrase. Anyhow, I though some might get a kick out of the whole ordeal. Anyways, I'm not as resourceful as Tana but I've got my work cut out for me. However, I've really enjoyed being home with the kids and doing things outside whether it's eating watermelon on the porch, or going over to grandma Niven's house to look at the chicks, or taking the boys with me while hauling water. It's sure been fun though.
2 comments:
Some days I love being home with Matthew and other days I long to go back to work. The sad thing is, I only have one. Lately however it has been more of the happy to be home and do the housework so that is good. Have FUN JON!! I didn't even think you could make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Yay Jon! And yay Tana! I keep saying that Janson will have no idea how I feel until he has spent a week at home, all day, every day, without me or any other adult. I really wish all dads could do this, I think it could make such a difference.
Post a Comment