Saturday, August 2, 2008

Our New Bunny!!!

Yesterday my mother-in-law found these cute (wild) bunny rabbits. She wanted the boys to be able to see them so she got them and put them in a bucket. One of them got away, and when I got there to pick up the boys she still had one there that was hanging around the plants near the house. I saw it and couldn't resist. It was so cute I just had to take it home with me. She told me that Jon said NO WAY to taking it home with us, but she also told me that it would probablly get eaten by one of their many preditors. I just couldn't let that happen. So we took the little guy (or girl?) home with us. I figured once I got it home that Jon really couldn't do anything about it. Right? Anyway I have had the time of my life. I got on line and did some research because I was prepared to go and get stuff to be able to nurse it and everthing, but I tried to feed it some lettuce and it scarfed that right down. We also went and got it some "Timothy Hay" and some rabbit pellets. I am estimating that it has got to be at least 3-4 weeks old. We named him Hopper.




No comments: