Friday, December 5, 2008

Post Thanksgiving-Cookie day with da Boyz

Ok, so the cookies don't look perfect, but that's because they were made last night by Tana before she went to bed. So today Gage, Anderson and I got up to start cleaning the house since Tana works in the mornings and frost the cookies. Well, as you can imagine, I think there was more eating than working. but I've sure had fun doing things with the boyz more than what I use to be able to do. Now that Thanksgivinng is over, I've had a little time to think about things I'm thankful for so humor me as I write this part.



I sure enjoy being able to spend time together as a family during the holidays. This last year, we've been able to host Chad and Katrina, Spence and Joni, My cousin John and Debra williams (Our Yellowstone Park or Bust Coordinators), Gandma and Grandpa 'Crite and others that I'm sure we're missing. I hope the rest of the family knows there's an open invitation when they come. It was enjoyable to have Grandma and Grandpa 'Niven over for Thanksgiving and spend some time together. The boyz were excited to practice the piano and learn song to play for them when they came. Landen has learned Twinkle Twinkle Little star perfectly as well as Mary had a Little Lamb. Gage is learning the notes on the piano and Anderson is learning to sing.


I was taken back a little when I heard through the grapevine that a few of my family were thinking of moving back to Montana or at least thought about it. Some you might never think would come back. I can only think it would be a good thing for everyone. I've always thought about the idea of strength in numbers as I've seen it with other families that live here. And it's not as bad or harsh as I thought it might be, In fact, I've always had a dismal feeling about Montana due to the conditions I lived in while growing up but to my surpise, I've really enjoyed it and found it very comfortable here. Tana says she really enjoys living outside of town in the country but not too far from a normal City. Anyhow, we encourage anyone wanting to move back to Montana on open welcome, Even if you just want to buy some land. We'll help take care of it for ya (for a small fee of course, j/k). Either way, Tana and I have been able to enjoy some things here that I never did when I lived here so it's kind of refreshing to discover nature in our neck of the woods.


I know this post is winded so I'll cut it in half and only write ten paragraphs!, Anyhow, enjoy the pics with the boyz. They are sure growing up and I've been so content that I'm not in School this year where I can spend time with them, dedicate some time to my online hobby, and reflect a little. Chow,

No comments: