Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day of School!!!

Well, last Tue. was the first day of school and since the first week is now over I thought that I would recap. The first day was GREAT (for me that is). I woke up at 4:50am all by myself. That was fine though cause I needed to be up my 5am anyway. I started with breakfast, woke up the family, ate, helped get the boys ready for school, took pics, read scriptures, said prayers, took the boys down to the bus, more pics, and sent them on there way. Jon and I then drove with Anderson to the school to see the boys to their classes and bring the bag full of stuff that couldn’t fit in their backpacks. When I got home it dawned on me…..only ONE child at home. Oh the joys!!! No fighting, no screaming, no hearing “MOM, Gage is copying me!” or “MOM, Landen took my car”. There was nothing but quite. I took this new opportunity to get my house in order, something that I new would now be easier to upkeep now that I only had one to stay on top of. Life has been great!!! The kids are enjoying school in spite of all of the new changes that the new Principle has put into practice this year, and a new bus driver that actually has rules on her bus (something that they aren’t used to but I am sure will have to get used to in the near future). Both kids got the teachers they wanted, Gage has also made a new friend and all is great. For me, I have woken up at 5am every morning but hasn’t bothered me one bit. If I am tired, I take Anderson and we have ourselves a little nap. I am in HEAVEN!!! Enjoy the pics.
My good lookin' school boys!  I cant' believe how big they are!
All my GOOD LOOKIN' BOYS!!!
Waiting for the bus.
Waiting with Max.
Here comes the bus!!!
My little kindergartner ready to load on the bus.
Look how happy he is!!!  I just know he'll do GREAT!!!
Landen standing behind his very own desk!
I know this year will be great.  It is so much fun to have them come home and tell me about their day (the good and the bad) and all of the fun things they are learning.  I love school time!!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You work so hard, you deserve these few hours of slower pace during the day! I'm happy for you. :)