I am a little behind but that's ok....right? Well before school started we all went to the Threshing Bee. I didn't know what that was until this year....because this is the first time I had ever gone and the local weather was nice. It was very fun. For those who don't know what a Threshing Bee is (which until this one I had no idea) it is a tractor show. We got to see lots of old fashioned tractors and they had lots of fun stuff to see and do. Here is a little of what we saw and did.
![]() |
| This is a very cool wheat grinder! Could you imagine having to hook this up to your tractor every time you need to grind wheat? |
![]() |
| This is us watching the tractor show. |
My favorite tractor. It had a steam engine...very neat!
Enjoying our ride on the people mover.
![]() |
| Exiting the "People Mover" |
![]() |
| The highlight for the boys was being able to make their own rope. |
![]() |
| Gage spinning that handle to make him some rope. |
![]() |
| Two happy little boys!!! |
I had never seen rope being made before and I tried to upload a video of the boys making the rope, but for some reason it wouldn't work. It was very neat though and surprisingly easy. We all had lots of fun at the Threshing Bee. I hope to be able to go again next year.








No comments:
Post a Comment