Thursday, March 5, 2009

Iron Chef Tana's Homemade Whole Wheat Bread

Ok, since we're talking about living the American dream this week, I'm not sure I'm convinced that butchering chickens is what makes up the American dream but the homemade bread that Tana made the other day is now on the right track. For all those who don't know, Tana and my anniversary is coming up and after 7 years, she seems to continue to surprise me in what she can make out of almost nothing.

Last summer, grandma 'Niven sent me home with some rubarb and I put it in the freezer thinking that is would eventually be thrown out because it didn't get used. Well, Tana took the rubarb and made homemade rubarb crisp cobbler out of it. We had a little ice cream with it and man was it good. In fact, this summer I think the rubarb needs to be split up and so I'll plant some next to the house. (there's a good story behind the rubarb, someday I'll share.)

Well, the other day, Tana made Whole Wheat Bread with the botsch machine she was given and it turned out perfect. The bread was soft but stuck together, healthy, cooked perfectly, and is perfect to toast and use for "Yokums" (that's Gage's word for fried egg on jellied toast). Anyhow, I came home last night after work and had to try some out. Yes, I've been hooked and don't think I can eat regular bread now. I'm converted. Anyhow, the homemade bread she made once again confirms her nickname Iron Chef Tana that we've all deemed her. Steph, don't worry, your still Mrs. Bake or Cook!

Now as for Tana's post of her next adventure, (I'll let you read that part). Don't plan on it at this time. I know it's been an all out Coupe against me but Grandpa 'Niven and Tana are also pushing for some other animals. Well for starters, I don't even have a fence up, so that's my first line of defense at this time. Anyhow, some day I'm sure it might happen, but not today, tomorrow, next week, or next month! (if I have any say about the whole ordeal).

No comments: